Wednesday, September 9, 2009

One of the best moments in my life...so far

So lately God has totally been working in my life through Presley...sounds kinda weird but it's been amazing! Presley will tell me to read my Bible and ask me to read the Bible to her, she will tell me to say prayers, she will just randomly start talking about Jesus--exactly what I need right now. One morning I was reading Psalm 139 (I read that A LOT) and Pres climbed on my lap and told me to read it to her. As I was reading aloud she would repeat everything I said, and when I got to verse 14 and she repeated it after me, my eyes filled with tears. As I heard her say "I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well..." I prayed that she would always keep that as the driving force behind her self image. So, I decided to make it her first ever memory verse...I figured if I am teaching her to commit Bible verses to memory, I will be doing it right alongside her (another way God is using her to encourage me). After just a few days of having her repeat it after me, she got it down! So...here is a video of one of the best moments in my life, my 2 year old reciting a Bible verse from memory. God is so good!

2 comments:

Corey and Jenni said...

That is the sweetest thing I have ever seen or heard! This is such a precious blog post. Thanks for being such a wonderful example. I hope to follow in your footsteps and teach Elin verses....maybe we will start with Psalm 139 too! What a great idea!! You are such a blessing to her and to me! Thanks Tiffy

Sean and Rachael said...

yesterday after service she came up to me to show me the stamps on her arms but also to recite her memory verse...it took me a minute to figure out what verse it was because she was doing her typical shy Presley quiet voice but she got it out. very cool.

Sean